Thursday, September 29, 2011

After Action Report: Warmachine/Hordes

My gaming group has been getting together to play on Thursdays these days.  I will have battle reports from that at times and at others I'll just have some After Action Reports (AAR).  Which one it is will just depend on whether there was time for pictures and what the goal was for the evening.  Ideally for me I'll be doing them about a week after they happened so that I can have the time to gather up any pictures/videos/inputs from others if there are any.

No pictures this time around sadly.  Our goal for last Thursday was to practice for a Steamroller event I was attending (a post on that later) and also get some of our "new/returning" guys playing to get back into the swing of the rules and such.  With that said there was 3 Battle Box games (Mangled Metal Tooth and Claw) played and 1 Steamroller Killbox 35 point game played.

I'll be using aliases until I know for sure whether my friends want their real names on posts or not.  First Battle Box game was Menoth vs. Legion.  Like I said before the main goal of this was to get some of the guys back into the swing...  This battle went about 5 turns before Menoth took it with a battle group kill.  Tons of rules were discussed all in all was a great game.

Next was a 35 point Steamroller Kill box game.  Legion vs Circle.
My Legion army was:


Vayl, Disciple of Everblight
* Scythean
* Seraph
* Shredder
* Typhon

Annyssa Ryvaall, Talon of Everblight
Strider Deathstalker
2x The Forsaken

Pretty standard Vayl, Seraph for slipstream+leash shenanigans, Shredder for Tenacity and Rabid charges + incite, Typhon generally for clearing units / Dark Sentinel, Annyssa usually my chiller rest to taste.

Circle Army was:


Kaya the Moonhunter
* Laris
* Gnarlhorn Satyr
* Pureblood Warpwolf
* Warpwolf Stalker

Druids of Orboros
* Druid of Orboros Overseer
3 Warpborn Skinwalkers

Tier 4 Circle list.  I believe I lost the roll and was allowed to go first.  I setup pretty centrally left to right would be Scythean, Vayl, Typhon, with Seraph behind Vayl, Annyssa behind that and forsaken on the sides of the formation and later in AD DS would deploy to engage druids.

Circle deployed central with Kaya and Warpwolves / laris and Druids where on one flank Skin walkers in another flank.

Legion first turn was pretty standard first turn Hoarfrost shenanigans.  Seraph slipstreams, and charges a model he can see to go straight 9 out.  Slipstream catches scythean who moves closer to the druids.  Scythean Runs towards druids.  Vayl leashes Typhon, Chiller Annyssa, Moves towards Scythean, Oraculus Arcnode via Scythean Hoarfrost to druids... yields 1 in direction and 4"... Perfect.. Kill about half the unit with that move.. leash moves typhon 3" towards vayl, Annyssa moves to the left flank about 9" away from scythean to be able to run 18" to chiller if he charges something, DS and forsaken get into conservative positions.

Can't remember this circle turn but I believe Scythean took some heavy damage and got muzzled, druids moved centrally to support and vortexed / countermagic.  At this point there was a warbeast in front of Kaya and Kaya with no Fury.  Slipstreamed Typhon... Typhon Charges Gnarled Horned Satyr and starts gunslignging sprays that happen to reach Kaya... Kaya dies with some boosting.  Quick game.  Partner made some mistakes 1 let me go first 2nd deploy druids that close to a stray hoarfrost, 3 not muzzling either both or at least just Typhon.  It won't be that easy next time!

Next another Legion vs Menoth Battle Box.  This seems my buddies getting the rules down a bit more and a Legion win over Menoth 1:1 is good!  After that I used my Khador for a Battle Box which was fun but got totally owned by circle, Sorscha went in for a kill and failed... transfers just killed me and great positioning of the doggies by my opponent had me at a disadvantage.

Well, that's it for this AAR.  I hope to have some pics next time of this Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment