Thursday, November 3, 2011

Modeling: eEiryss WIP (1)

Eiryss, Angel of Retribution!  How much we all love when she joins our armies... and how much we hate her when she joins the opposition.  Love her or hate her... I think most people would agree this is an outstanding model.

This model came in a blister, 4 parts, 3 of which were still attached to a metal sprue.  So, the basics...  Flashing was pretty much non-existent.  Moulding was present but very mild and easily dealt with.  This model actually looks more complicated to put together than it really was.  It literally took me about 15 minutes total from unpacking to "together".


This mini does have one small issue.  I say small because honestly, I'll be able to fix it easily.  The "building corner" or whatever it's supposed to be doesn't quite close in correctly.  I don't have a picture that captures it but I'm sure whoever owns this model knows what I'm talking about.  Basically the edges of those two pieces don't quite close in.  At the end, it looks like it's easy to fill it in with some green stuff / miliput / or maybe even gap filler.


This is one of those models that I really wasn't liking proxying it.  Besides missing the card and having to have my Mercenaries book constantly open to remember the small details of her statistics there is always the dreaded "who is that again?" question that inevitably comes up during proxy games.  She's now ready for some paint and no longer needs to be proxied.  More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment