Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Modeling: eThagrosh WIP (1)

So, I know I have been saying I'm in a "rush" mode to get a lot of my models table worthy as far as painting is concerned but another thing I decided more recently is that there's absolutely no reason to actually own a warcaster/warlock and not put them together so you can at least use them without having to proxy.  With that said, as well as the fact that when I had this bit of time it was pretty dark already I decided to model me up some eThag.

Flashing:  There was so little flashing in this model it literally took me about 30 seconds to go around all the pieces and file away.

Moulding:  Same as with flashing.  All in all it took me about 2 minutes to clean up this puppy then for a soapy water soak and brush.


Finishing this guy up took me about 1 hour.  He was heavy enough that I ended up using 2 part epoxy glue.  I'm not sure what the consensus is on the interwebz for using this stuff but I personally have had a good experience.  I am however in the market to try the gorilla superglue.  Just had a gaming buddy mention it to me specially a part where it supposedly has some "give" so that bumps and such don't simply destroy the brittle connection of normal glue.



I took a couple of pics here one with flash one without just to give a good sense of the model.  I glued him to the base with a couple of dots of superglue as this guy is very likely getting some base work rather than just standard flocking.  However, I glued him because it is likely that it'll be awhile before I get to that and I may just want to play with him a few times before then.  More to come...



No comments:

Post a Comment